Tee Times | Search | Reviews

News:

Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Any Tips/Drills for maintaining bent right knee?

Posted by: user372344 | Tue 4th Oct 2011 20:30 | Last Reply

Hello,

My right leg is locking out fairly early in the backswing and I was wondering whether anyone has any drills or tips to help encourage keeping it bent?

There doesn't seem to be much on google, I found one about keeping a basketball between your knees (but I don't have a basketball) and another one about keeping your arse against a chair, but that one's not really practical on the range.

So has anyone got/fixed this problem and have any tips to share?

Dave

re: Any Tips/Drills for maintaining bent right knee?
user24437
Reply : Wed 5th Oct 2011 00:52

Full meniscectomy and cruciate surgery fixed it for me.  Probably a bit extreme though...

user926 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Wed 5th Oct 2011 10:06

Try putting a golf ball under you right heel. My cause other issues but will defo keep your right knee (back knee) bent

user52922
Reply : Wed 5th Oct 2011 19:44

There is obviously a breakdown between your brain and your leg, Dave. It must be the simplest thing in the world to bend ones knee. There will certainly be no drills for it.

user106712
Reply : Wed 5th Oct 2011 22:10

Since most members are probably reluctant to give advice for fear of being aggressively corrected, I'll give you what bit I can, which may help.

I've tried to make my right knee lock on the backswing and here's how I did it. I kept my weight mostly on my left side and my hips straight.

So how to undo it: - During set up, bend knees slightly and feel as if you are sticking your arse out a bit. then during take away, transfer your weight about 70 percent onto your right side. And with your head still, rotate around your spine.

Good Luck.

Last edit : Wed 5th Oct 2011 22:11
user77012
Reply : Fri 7th Oct 2011 18:21

David T , I wouldn't worry to much about it , I've always swung like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fz9dilCAzB0  ; down to 7hcp , every body that has looked at me has tried to stop my right leg straightening. I always let the ball flight decide wether i'm swinging right or wrong. Ive always maintained its how you come into impact area most important.Good luck. 

user89
Reply : Fri 7th Oct 2011 19:27

Prob a casio exilim fh20. That's prob 400 frames per second. They go up to 1000fps but quality drops

user77012
Reply : Fri 7th Oct 2011 23:12

sarahs correct, it was filmed @300fps

user77012
Reply : Fri 7th Oct 2011 23:14

sarahs correct, it was filmed @300fps

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top