Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Ruling needed please

Posted by: user231221 | Thu 29th Sep 2011 20:23 | Last Reply

This is a question relating to the 17 at Brunston Castle a short par three with water short, left and right of the green, if a player's ball crosses the water hazard hits a steep bank and then rolls backwards into the hazard where is the player entitled to drop from?? I think most would say the tee side of the lake but at a recent ProAm a Pro dropped the green side of the lake much to my puzzlement as for me he was dropping closer to the hole. Who is right?

re: Ruling needed please
user202037 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Thu 29th Sep 2011 20:43

Fearghal,

It all depends on the type of Hazard. If it is 'Lateral' (Red marked) then it is a drop within two clublengths of the point the ball last crossed the margin, no nearer the hole. Some lakes can have a player dropping on the green side then.

TheLyth

user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Fri 30th Sep 2011 12:54

As David has said, it all depends on the colour of the posts, red or yellow!

Yellow you would have to drop it behind the hazard

Red you can drop to the side of the hazard

Russ

user231221
Reply : Fri 30th Sep 2011 20:46

Thing is as far as we could see there is no way you could drop green side of the lake without moving the ball closer to the hole than where it had finished. Potentially you could drop to the right of where the ball landed but it would improve your lie , make for an easier chip and it was unlikely that the drop wasn't closer to the hole.If that's the rule that's the rule but most club players in the situation would have gone back over the lake to ensure they were above reproach

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top