Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

clubs agains

Posted by: user215570 | Wed 28th Sep 2011 23:34 | Last Reply

i am looking for a hybrid type club i can hit off the tee  as i cant get on with a big headed driver . i have a slow swing so what sort of loft would be best i have a bafler 20 degree and 23 degree which i use on fairway but i would be better using something different from the tee thanks.

re: clubs agains
user52922
Reply : Wed 28th Sep 2011 23:47

17 deg hybrid should do the trick.

user298481
Reply : Thu 29th Sep 2011 13:10

very funny Ivan smileyhttp://www.golfshake.com/scripts/ckeditor/plugins/smiley/images/regular_smile.gif" title="smiley" />

that said i did advise a friend of mine who only v recently taken up the game to get a new driver of at least 12 degrees to make his life easier

user260507
Reply : Thu 29th Sep 2011 20:23

Why would you advise anyone just starting to get a driver???????????I dont understand why more people (and by that i mean men) dont hit three woods.I didnt have driver until Xmas 2010, 3 wood more consistent, more reliable, you dont try to welly it.Appreciate the macho side makes men go for the big dawg, but learning course management, choosing accuracy over distance, surely this should be the way for beginners?

Last edit : Thu 29th Sep 2011 20:25
user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Thu 29th Sep 2011 21:26

I tend to only take a driver if it will give me one of the following: -

• Better positioning than a 3 wood (like making the corner of the 90* dogleg on our 15th)
  • Reaching the green in two if I don't is very difficult (long par fours)
  • Making the green in two is possible (shortish par fives)
  • Using it will help me remove trouble (like carrying a fairway bunker)

I don't take the driver out until the 6th on one of our courses, but use it on the 1st on the other because a 250 yard drive down the middle leaves me at least a 5 iron to the green, and that's with a back wind (it's NEVER a backwind!!!).  Where possible, I take a 3 wood as it is less likely to go wrong and I hit it reasonably well anyway

user260507
Reply : Thu 29th Sep 2011 22:37

Course management Chris - always a winner smileyhttp://www.golfshake.com/scripts/ckeditor/plugins/smiley/images/regular_smile.gif" title="smiley" width="20" />

Maybe drivers should have a handicap restriction, like a provisional licence - you can only get one once yr below a 20 handicap lol

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top