Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Online Retailers - Buy with confidence/recommendations

Posted by: user8 [FORUM MODERATOR] | Wed 28th Sep 2011 13:53 | Last Reply

This comes up so many times and I actually feel saddened every time I see a new person sign up and post on any forum post related to fake clubs.

A brief topic did go online about Golfshake providing some form of rating system for online stores but quite often by this time it's too late and the appeal of the latest £300 driver for £99 has already struck.

Reviews aside it got me thinking about what you you should look out for or not when buying online. 

This is by no means a definitive list nor a guarantee that this is all you need to do but this is my thoughts on what I would look out for and it would be great for other peoples comments:

• Site buttons/images - Do these actually mean anything ? online images/buttons that say 'buy with confidence' 'buy safe'
  • Contact address - Can you contact the company via an actual address
  • Returns policy - provided in full with postal address
  • Company information - are full details and incorporation information required
  • Taxation - is the company tax registered
  • Location - where are they located
  • Online payments - is it secure via SSL
  • Paying - first choice is credit card would everyone agree ?

Like I say this is by no means a guaranteed list of what to look out, that's my legal disclaimer   but I'm sure if you checked out any of the large online retailed ie AG or DG  then all of the above would be freely and easily available.

re: Online Retailers - Buy with confidence/recommendations
user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Thu 29th Sep 2011 10:18

Anyone have any thoughts and other suggestions ?

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Wed 25th Jan 2012 15:45

topical again at this time of year so bumping up

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Wed 19th Feb 2014 10:11
user99350
Reply : Thu 20th Feb 2014 08:29

Thanks for the pointers Darren though 'good' scammers are v sophisticated and include bogus info passing for company registration,residency and tax status. Personally I wont use them unless I know someone else who have dealt with them (not only golf but other retailers too). I might be being too cautious but there you go.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top