Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

clubs to use

Posted by: user215570 | Sun 25th Sep 2011 23:48 | Last Reply

i was watching the solheim cup today and i noticed the ladies were using rescue clubs from the fairway are these fairway woods or hybrids like the cobra baffler . i was thinking of getting one can anybody recommend the best one to use . i have a baffler but i use it off the tee as i cant hit it off the ground .thanks ps great win for europe

re: clubs to use
user26537
Reply : Mon 26th Sep 2011 09:17

Stephen,  rescue, hybrid - same thing.  Usually replace a long iron such as a 3 or 4.

The hybrids/rescue is a great club out of the rough, fairway and off a tee, the swing I use is more of a sweep than a downward strike.  I do know a number of peiople who simply cannot get on with them and prefer a more traditional long iron. 

I use a Cobra Baffler 3R and 4R, I also have a 2R that replaces my 5 wood in windy conditions.  THe Cobras are (in my personal opinion) the best of the breed, but all the manufacturers do them and it is very much down to your budget. 

Personally I would save your money and practice with what you have. 

If you really want to splash out then I would suggest you go to a large store such as Direct Golf, American Golf etc and try as many as you can.  I decided on the Cobra after spending a pleasant afternoon hitting everything from a RAM (at £20 at the time) to a Callaway (at £120 at the time). 

re: clubs to use
user421298
Reply : Mon 26th Sep 2011 13:31

I have recently brought a Taylormade rescue 2011 , and to be honest its saving my game at times from just off the fairway along way to the pin ,it always comes up trumps.

But i found off the tee not so great & on long par 4 & 5 holes it doe`snt quite have the lenght , so i am now waiting for my R11 3 wood to turn up.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top