Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

lessons

Posted by: user419282 | Sat 3rd Sep 2011 11:12 | Last Reply

hi everyone i had 6 lessons when i first started playing,ive just booked 3 more at £90 had 1 last night and it was just back to basics again, video cam,postur,grip,swing plane,and twisting,i learnt all this on first lesson and stop doing it for some reason ,but really i thought i was doing it till i saw the video and how bad i was set up,why the hell do i keep forgeting the basics, well not forgetting just not doing them proper untill the pro shows me again,how many lessons before i can move on to theinteresting stuff like draw and fade

re: lessons
user407798
Reply : Sat 3rd Sep 2011 14:02

I guess the pro wouldn't be doing his job properly if he thought the basics weren't right.

I've always thought being able to draw and fade on demand are quite advanced skills - more advanced than my current ability for sure. On the range I sometimes experiment and ball the forward or back in the stance or move the right leg forward or back and I usually get some sort of a curved flight. But on the course my aim is almost always to hit it straight.

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sat 3rd Sep 2011 17:31

To do the "interesting" stuff you need to have a solid base to build upon Jason.  Don't try to run before you can walk.  Your whole game will be built on these basics and until they are solid any of the fancy stuff will just not work and you will be even more frustrated.  Your pro (if he is a decent one) wants to help you become the best player you can be.  He will be trying to help you get there in the best possible way.  When those basics are sound your handicap will start dropping quickly and you start wondering why you were even bothered about wanting to learn to draw, fade, etc.  I don't think I deliberately use a shot that is not the standard ball flight and shape more than a couple of times a round, and that is usually because I'm somewhere I shouldn't be on the course. 

When I have lessons now, it is almost always about reinforcing the basics (or returning to them).  Any faults in my game are usually down to the basics wandering slightly off

user50354
Reply : Mon 5th Sep 2011 08:56

I also just had a lesson and will be having another in a couple of weeks time. I think it will take 3 to 12 months to bed in so, I don't take any notice of my golf scores at minute and don't actually score..

Oh yes, and the basic's - if only those would bed in too.........

Not to mention "tempo"..Got to remember "tempo".......winkhttp://www.golfshake.com/scripts/ckeditor/plugins/smiley/images/wink_smile.gif" title="wink" width="20" />

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top