Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Gloves

Posted by: user379886 | Wed 31st Aug 2011 19:43 | Last Reply

What are peoples opinion on wearing a golf glove.

As a born again golf beginner I feel as though I have a lot more feel and control of the club when I don't wear a glove.

Same reason I can't wear gloves when I am working, I get more feel of the tools.

Last edit : Wed 31st Aug 2011 22:30
re: Gloves
user34817
Reply : Wed 31st Aug 2011 19:51

I guess it comes down to personal preference but as you need to keep a grip on the club when you swing, but that grip should be quite light, a glove would help in my opinion.

There are golfers on tour that don't wear gloves and then again there is Tommy Two Gloves who has one on each hand.

If you feel it works for you not wearing one then you don't need to.

user338942
Reply : Wed 31st Aug 2011 20:07

Its worked for Freddie Couples for long enough.....

user407798
Reply : Wed 31st Aug 2011 22:11

Best to do what works for you. But if you don't get on with a glove, are you sure it is tight enough? Although I am 6'4.5" tall I tend to go for a medium in a Footjoy which fits me snugly. If I was selecting a glove to run with in the winter, I'd probably go for the XL!

I always tend to take my glove off to putt though.

user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Wed 31st Aug 2011 22:33

I wear a glove for driving the ball and with my irons, anything within 60 to 70 yards I take mine off!

For the 'feel' stuff I prefer not to have a glove on.

Longer shots I prefer to wear a glove as it stops my hand slipping on the club.

I have played with people who are high single figure golfers and they don't wear a glove at any time during their round of golf.

Then again, I've played with people who don't take their glove off from the first tee until the last green!

It's all down to personal preference, but it does help that the glove fits properly.

Russ

user16106
Reply : Sun 4th Sep 2011 23:25

I always wear a glove from 1st tee to 18th green. I have only just changed gloves to kangaroo skin and its suposed to stick like poo. I have used it for 36 holes now and my last 9 holes shot a best ever 38, 2 over par. ( 3 putted 18th ). really seem to be hitting more fairways and a few more greens. Maybe a bit soon to base stats as yet, but seems like a great glove.

Dave CAC handed Geordie.

Last edit : Sun 4th Sep 2011 23:43
user379886
Reply : Mon 5th Sep 2011 17:16

Thanks for the advice,I have been practising with and without a glove,still can't get on with the glove,maybe its just a mental thing,not that I am any good without the glove.Will have to persevere and keep trying different ones or else its going be a cold winter for the old hand.

user52922
Reply : Mon 5th Sep 2011 18:28

Mark, if you cannot get on with a glove, then don't use one. I played for over forty years without using one but have to admit that I do use one now, mostly for the tee shots. I could certainly play my irons without.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top