Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Dave Pelz - Short Game bible...

Posted by: user303554 | Tue 30th Aug 2011 17:17 | Last Reply

what a great book...you may or may not agree with him all the way through or on his views of the game  but pelzs stat collection and support of his theory is brilliant..the stories are fantastic and it seems he tells the stories to subliminally make you beleive you can have this outstanding short game (clever man)....tells the story of a guy who doesnt swing great against one who does as an example..the "ugly" player wiins....its not how..its how many..i thikn golf can be quite daunting..certainly to newer players..and also players who have hit a wall with lowering their scores..id reccomend this book to find beleif and some real and relevant basic support...different things work for different people but for me its a really gfood read and ill certainly use some of his teachings to track my improvements...

re: Dave Pelz - Short Game bible...
user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 30th Aug 2011 17:30

I used to enjoy watching him when I could get the golf channel.

He did explain things well and I've often thought about getting one of his books.

Russ

Last edit : Tue 30th Aug 2011 17:39
user303554
Reply : Tue 30th Aug 2011 17:33

ive never been good with books personally russ but my love of the game is greater than my lack of desire to read..that better explains my excitment reading this..really clear..ideas seem to click straight away...

user303554
Reply : Tue 30th Aug 2011 17:34

and it was 11.00 delivered off amazon with second hand far cheaper...

user410273
Reply : Tue 30th Aug 2011 17:55

A great read.

And another to add to your list, "Getting up and down" by Tom Watson. Its my short game bible.

user303554
Reply : Tue 30th Aug 2011 18:01

thanks brian ill have a look..on reccomendation.i also bought hogans book on the 5 swing fundamentals..i beleive its the standard...

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top