Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Severing Your Ball

Posted by: user405848 | Tue 30th Aug 2011 11:06 | Last Reply

Hi everyone.  I've haven't posted for a while so I thought I'd best fix that!

I bought 24 Nike Mojo balls from eBay.  Allegedly new.  The box had no marks or signs of previous use, and the balls themselves looked in perfect condition.  Nike Mojo are my favourite ball because they are soft, they fly off the club like s**t off a shovel and they are inexpensive.

My swing speed has become a lot quicker over the last month (I have a back story so this will make sense - check my blog).  I am hitting the ball 30 yards further than I did a month ago. 

So anyway, I go to the course to try out my new golf balls.  Super first shot.  Right onto the first green (it's a par 3 so don't get too excited!).  The next two holes are par threes but on the first par four, I walk down the fairway after my tee shot only to find that my ball is absolutely severed.  With bits hanging off it.  It didn't hit anything solid on the way down there.

I changed my ball on the next hole, and that one got severed on the first shot! 

I can't help thinking I was sold a dodgy batch.  Or has this happened to anyone else?

re: Severing Your Ball
user379886
Reply : Wed 31st Aug 2011 19:38

Are they the genuine article, as a lot of fake stuff is sold on ebay,especially if it originates from China.Pm the supplier and tell them, if they are genuine sellers there should be no problem,can't say i have heard of balls severing especially when brand new.

re: Severing Your Ball
user338942
Reply : Wed 31st Aug 2011 20:10

Have you bought new wedges or sharpened your groves?

When I first got my wedges 2 years ago, they were ripping chunks out of balls when I was hitting down on the ball

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top