Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Damn those Duff shots!!!!

Posted by: user101753 | Sat 27th Aug 2011 14:33 | Last Reply

Not really a post for analysis or to cause any barnies! lol

Just wanted to see if anyone else has the problem I have?

Recently Ive started to mark two scores for my rounds, first one is an actual score counting drop shots and lost balls witht he appropriate penalties etc, and the second just to see what is achievable at my standard if I gety rid of the duffs, tops, mis-hits that travel 2 yards, lip and out putts etc....

The difference is huge!!!! We are talking on average 8-10 shots per round!  As a fairly high handicapper (avg 18-22) is this normal? and is progressing to the lower handicap just a case of erradicating these shots from my game?

Its so annoying knowing what I could of achieved without those mis hits etc..

re: Damn those Duff shots!!!!
user52922
Reply : Sat 27th Aug 2011 15:49

Stephen, no matter how well you play, you will always leave some shots out on  the course. It is a game of how many, not IF.

re: Damn those Duff shots!!!!
user303554
Reply : Sat 27th Aug 2011 19:40

hi styephen

in line with johns comment it definitely is...when i leave shots on the course..or feel i do.... i may well have offset this by rolling in a putt i normally wouldnt or hit more solid drives than normal..unitil yuor consistency gets better it tends to be levellish in my experience and it could be misleading to say youd get 10 shots on a good day.. (not to say your not capable of it)........certainly though tracking the duffs and improving the area where most come will help..since using scoretracker on here ive gone shorter off the tee to get firs and done everything possible to get girs because i always tend to 2 putt or less.....even regularly playing ugly shots rather then beautiful pitches to get where i want to be..score matters,,,,,and this approach supported by a book stating golf is not a game opf perfect have helped my mindset....dont fear a club other than driver off the tee,...

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top