Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Slicing only my drive not my irons

Posted by: user419690 | Mon 22nd Aug 2011 19:56 | Last Reply

Hi allI'm new on here so there's probs loads of posts about this on here on. Just any help would be thankful

re: Slicing only my drive not my irons
user50843
Reply : Mon 22nd Aug 2011 21:25

Hi Jamie welcome to the site, your problem with the big stick is a common one. 3 reasons why the driver sometimes becomes a problem club are firstly the length of the shaft, the lack of loft and our in-built need to give the driver a few extra beens.

One thing Iv'e learned is to hit all clubs with the same tempo and not to try hitting your driver faster/harder because your ball won't go further, and your more likely to slice it.

user24437
Reply : Mon 22nd Aug 2011 23:48

Ivan.  If only it were as simple as Harris Benedict - all I would need to do is to eat more to get longer drives.  As it is it just tells me I'm a fat b*st*rd.  Duckworth Lewis probably has more relevance...

user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 23rd Aug 2011 09:02

Swing easy with the woods and accept what distance you get.

If you are still having problems resort to a 3/4 backswing.

Hopefully, by the time you've done the two suggestions above you will be getting the ball to go down the fairway (or just off of it). 

Once you are doing this regularly then you might try to increase your backswing length/or tempo.

The tempo one is hard to get right, so if you are hitting your drives over 200 yards then accept that as your distance.

Russ

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top