Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Problems with De Vere Golf Club points system

Posted by: user419549 | Mon 22nd Aug 2011 13:13 | Last Reply

I have an issue with Herons Reach regarding eligibility to play golf in their competitions, it does state on your website:

"The De Vere Club membership is a flexible way of undertaking your golf and
leisure activities that can be used for the golf fanatic as well as the entire
family at any of De Vere’s world class golf resorts. It is a points base scheme
that enables all of our members to hold the more traditional elements of a golf
membership such as hold a handicap and play in club competitions but with the
added flexibility of a modern membership scheme."

and this is taken from the FAQ's on De Vere membership page:

Can I play in club competitions?
As a De Vere club member you are able to play in any club events
at your home club. Your home club is where you originally purchase
your points.

Do I receive any other benefits?
You will receive full member benefits, to find out more call your home club.

I was a platinum member until April 2011 and then I decided to join a golf club nearer home and that was to be my home club,  I didn't want to sever my ties completely with Herons Reach as I had entered some open matchplay tournaments with Ian Bullock from Herons Reach and that was our home club.  I looked into the recently launched points scheme and it  seemed like the perfect answer!  I could use my points to play in club competitions at Herons Reach and I definitely wanted to play in the Club Championship.

Now I was aware that to play in board competitions a player had to have an active handicap, achieved by playing in three qualifying competitions which I had already done at Herons Reach, I had also competed in numerous club competitions at Knott End Golf Club.

It came as a total surprise that Herons Reach had decided to try and exclude players from the Club Championship on the basis that they are classed as an away player, it does not mention any of this on the website or in any promotional literature and as a fully paid up member of Herons Reach I was not getting "Full Member Benefits" nor was I "able to play in any club events at your home club. Your home club is where you originally purchase your points".

I feel that the actions of the people making up these rules are incorrect, not acting in the spirit of golf, certainly not in keeping with how you market membership of The De Vere Golf Club and possibly illegal, any comments would be welcome>

re: Problems with De Vere Golf Club points system
user131525
Reply : Mon 22nd Aug 2011 13:50

Have you sent this to De Vere?

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top