Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Best round to date

Posted by: user34817 | Mon 22nd Aug 2011 12:57 | Last Reply

I played Birchwood Park G.C. yesterday and had the best round of my golfing 'career' to date.  Managed to shoot an 87 and racked up a highest ever total of 44 points.  My handicap has now been cut by two full shots and I will be playing my next round off 22.  No doubt I will go back to a 100+ round which will bring me back down to earth.

Funny thing was that the round didn't feel spectaular.  I knew I was playing pretty well but only carded four pars and a birdie.  I think the key to the low round was keeping the really high scores off the card.  I was actually a little disappointed with 87 as I had a few sixes on the way back in and on one of the par 3's I managed to turn what should have been a birdie in to a bogey with an ugly three-putt.  Still, I think no matter what you score you always think of those shots that could have been a little better.  Guess that is why we love the game, you can always do better.

Want to get back out and play another game  now and see what I can do.

Keep up the good golfing people!

re: Best round to date
user23669
Reply : Wed 21st Sep 2011 23:27

The other year I won the Society Christmas meet with 46 points off a 16 Handicap. Nothing in my game was outstanding. 2 of the holes were tempary greens. On these 2 holes I only scored 3 points. I played safe on one of them as I always lose a ball & still lost it again. I had only 1 birdie 11 pars & 2 double bogies. I admit it was a bandit score but have played with the group for 10 years and never carded a decent round ever. It never felt a great round just consistant. This also my lowest ever score at this course of 7 over. I have played worse & thought I had a better game than this on many occasions

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top