Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Buying used... Best time of year?

Posted by: user372344 | Thu 18th Aug 2011 09:43 | Last Reply

Hello,

Just wondered what the best time of year typically is to buy 2nd hand clubs. I'd imagine after Christmas might be a good time, but people might decide to make changes at other times of the year, maybe in the spring around March or April?

Is it worth waiting or can bargains be had all year round? When do the shops tend to have sales on new/previous season equipment?

Cheers

Dave

re: Buying used... Best time of year?
user24437
Reply : Thu 18th Aug 2011 10:43

I'm not sure when the best time of year is if there is any David.  If you're looking for a particular make or model generally it's best to start looking about 2 or 3 months after the latest versions have been introduced and the old ones are 'obsolete'.  A lot of fashionistas change  just because they need the latest kit.  All my woods and hybrids were bought through e-bay like this - then I just got the shafts changed to suit me.

user289859
Reply : Thu 18th Aug 2011 11:49

always keep an eye out on ebay. It's the best place to source equipment sometimes..and real bargains can be had!!

user250721
Reply : Thu 18th Aug 2011 12:18

David

Your right about the stolen/knock off comment. Also I could never bring myself to buy second hand equipment as you just dont know how it has been treated by its previous owner.

Just my opinion tho.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top