Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Great deal at Palacerigg

Posted by: user417698 | Wed 17th Aug 2011 11:52 | Last Reply

Hello, Guys. This is my first post, and it might be of interest to a few. i came across this site cos I was doing a bit of research into local practice facilities. I am a member of Paisley Golf Club, but live in Airdrie, 35 miles away. It's not a hassle on a Saturday morning, but travelling for practice only and midweek games is not viable. So, I was looking around locally for a cheap option for practice facilities, and did a Google search. One of my mates is a member at Torrance Park, Newhouse, and their subs are c£280 pa, but the course has closed in previous winters and I don't know their plans for 2011-12. However, I seem to have struck gold at Palacerigg, in Cumbernauld. It's a public course, with a local council clubhouse, part of which is leased to a playing club. Practice facilities are free to all, with a £15 sub for use of clubhouse facilities with the club. £98 buys annual midweek membership, allowing some Sunday play. Don't know details of that yet, but will post when I do. Overall brilliant for me, under a hundred quid for access to midweek golf, practice range and clubhouse facilities, grub, beer, etc. and only 10 minutes from the house. I'm off to sunny Spain tomorrow, golfing at Condado de Alhama near Murcia (sorry, had to say it) , and will be hammering on the Secretary's door when I get back. Sorted!!

re: Great deal at Palacerigg
user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 23rd Aug 2011 15:27

Great deal Andrew!  Shame I live so far away.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top