Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

A break is good?

Posted by: user101753 | Sun 7th Aug 2011 17:29 | Last Reply

Hey after coming back into golf after a fairly long break, I've noticed my handicap has dropped massively, in fact I've managed to knock 6 off my handicap in just two months?

Before the "break" I kinda got stuck at around 26 and no matter how often I played/practiced I couldn't seem to improve, then I got the bug again just over 2 months ago and someone told me it would be like starting from scratch and I'd of forgotten everything I'd learned before... Which for the first few weeks was true but I took one golf lesson which basically worked on my stance and my squaring of clubface and my game just gets better and better.....

I suppose the question im asking do you think this is due to a renewed love of the sport or the fact the lesson helped me bigtime? and if so should I have more lessons? £30 a pop isnt cheap

Last edit : Sun 7th Aug 2011 18:02
re: A break is good?
user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sun 7th Aug 2011 18:04

I would have to say that it's a combination of everything.You have had a break from the game, which sometimes can be good for you.Lessons should always help, especially if you understand what is being taught to you and can put it into practice.I would say have one lesson every couple of months (look out for any special offers that the pro may be doing!).For me at the moment, I only have a lesson when I come across a problem with my game.Russ

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top