Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Trilby Tour 2012

Posted by: user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR] | Thu 4th Aug 2011 23:03 | Last Reply

The Trilby Tour is taking entries for the 2012 season.

Having watched a few of these on Sky TV I must say I've enjoyed the competition.

The last game I watched had people playing in the final who were around the same handicap as myself.

So this got me thinking about what/how you could join in.

Then I went to their website (www.williamhunttrilbytour.com) and found out how to join.

In order to play you must have:

• You must have an official CONGU handicap of 18 or below.  A current handicap certificate will be required on the day you play your game.
  • You have to be 18 years of age or over.
  • You must be a man (sorry, at this time they don't allow ladies to join in!)

When you put your name forwards you have to pay a £50 deposit, and you select which venue you want to play at.

The balance of the entry money is £200, so you pay £250 in total to play your game.

Each game is played using the Stableford scoring system, off 3/4 of your handicap.

For you entry fee you get:

• William Hunt Trilby Hat
  • William Hunt Golf Shirt
  • William Hunt Belt
  • William Hunt Trousers
  • You will also receive a complete caddy outfit and bag to include:

• Trilby Tour Caddy hat
  • Trilby Tour Boiler Suit
  • Golf Bag
  • All of these items included in your entry is worth over £550 and will be yours to keep after the tournament!

Now £250 is a lot of money to play in a tournament where you may or may not get your face on Sky TV. 

I didn't actually get as far as seeing how much, or what you actually win.

I've put this up as I think there may be one or two fellow GolfShakers who might want to play in one of these events.

Russ

re: Trilby Tour 2012
    user24437
    Reply : Thu 4th Aug 2011 23:23

I saw the coverage of the round they had at Donnington Grove, I must say I wasn't overly impressed with the standard of the final shoot out.  Strange because the usual 38+ points won the competition.  OK, it's probably a bit nerve wracking, but even so.

Want a caddy then Russ?

user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
    Reply : Thu 4th Aug 2011 23:25

Tim, I'm unemployed at this moment in time!

But on the bright side, I'm starting a new job at the beginning of September when I return from my holiday in Cornwall.

£250 might be too steep for me, but do you want a caddy (and can I keep the overalls?) 

Russ

user338942
    Reply : Fri 5th Aug 2011 12:37

£250 is very steep indeed!! even with the freebies and sky coverage (only the final mind)

This year I entered the Matchplay Championship for £25. This comp takes 40 people to Dubai for a week for the final played on the Els course - http://www.matchplaychampionship.co.uk/   Loads better value.

Unfortunately I got battered in the 1st round last year, so you'll have til next year to see me on the box

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top