Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Ping G15

Posted by: user413909 | Thu 4th Aug 2011 20:40 | Last Reply

Im a beginner and have a basic set purchased for me by my partner from sports direct just a every day set of Dunlop max, but is it worth me paying out more money for a better set? as i have had a go with a friends Ping G15 set of clubs from driver to wedge and i honestly thought it improved me a little, iv only played 4/5 rounds in total, but iv really caught the bug, just would like some thought on this, thanks

re: Ping G15
user52922
Reply : Thu 4th Aug 2011 20:51

Terry, before you get into bad habits I would suggest that you have a few lessons to ensure that you have the basic fundamentals of this game firmly implanted into your head, This will immediately pay dividends and you will quickly realise that the clubs you have are indeed adequate for you at this moment in time.

user325478
Reply : Fri 5th Aug 2011 17:32

Sounds like your on the right track. However, if you want to get new clubs then try out some different ones first. Personally I'd stick with what youi have for a few months.

user24437
Reply : Sat 6th Aug 2011 00:13

I'd go with Johns comments, get lessons.  I know what you mean about your experience with the pro that you tried, I went through exactly the same thing with several teachers until I eventually found someone who I felt was on the same wavelength as me and was interested in working with what I've got and explaining, in terms that made sense to me, how to change.  The problem is of course that his methods with me wouldn't necessarily work with anyone else, but stick at it and I'm sure you'll find the right one.  Then, once you feel what it's like to hit a ball really well you may want to update your kit*, but personally I'd hang fire.

*And there is something immensely satisfying about beating someone with all the latest gear when you've still got a starter set....

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top