Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Driver Help

Posted by: user401264 | Wed 3rd Aug 2011 08:40 | Last Reply

Hi Guys,I've been playing for about 2 years now and so far have just been using my irons. I've got a cheapo Dunlop driver that I've always sliced and never taken the time to practise with. I'm now hitting my irons well and would like to invest in a new driver to give me some extra distance on some of the longer holes as I think this will help shave a lot of my current scores.The main question about getting a driver is should I buy a driver to compensate for my slice or would it be better to buy a standard driver (10.5 Reg Flex shaft) and fix my swing so I am hitting the standard driver correctly.Thanks for any opinions you can give.

re: Driver Help
user52922
Reply : Wed 3rd Aug 2011 09:02

Craig, If you have a poor swing then there is not a driver made that will correct it. If you have a good swing then you can hit any driver.

re: Driver Help
user401264
Reply : Wed 3rd Aug 2011 09:08

Seems more practice is needed! I was leaning more towards the 'standard' club as when my swing does improve I'll get the benefits of the standard driver. Thanks John.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top