Tee Times | Search | Reviews

News:

Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Best balls to use for a medium to high handicapper?

Posted by: user399431 | Sat 30th Jul 2011 11:33 | Last Reply

Just thought I would ask people's opinion on their current ball choice, the reason they chose the ball and the benefits of their particular choice?

I suppose there is no right or wrong on this one - just opinions please.

I currently use Wilson Ultra - I find them durable and cheap if I lose them LOL!!!

re: Best balls to use for a medium to high handicapper?
user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sat 30th Jul 2011 12:02

There are two balls that I play with at the moment.  The Pro V1 and the Srixon Soft Feel.

The Pro V1 is a great golf ball.  Expensive to buy but worth the money.

What I like about the Srixon Soft Feel is that I get a nice feel around the greens and it does seem to stop well for me. 

At the moment I use the Pro V1 on calm days and the Srixon Soft Feel on windy days.  I do this as I feel that I get too much spin from the Pro V1's on a windy day.

I don't buy golf balls, most of my golf balls are what I find out on the course.

By doing this I have tried possibly every make of golf ball out there, some I like some I don't!

The balls I like are:

Titeist Pro V1, Pro V1x & NXT Tour

Srixon Z-Star and Soft Feel

Bridgestone B330

You will have to find a golf ball (or a couple) that you really like and stick with them.

Russ

user249902
Reply : Sat 30th Jul 2011 22:08

I've just bought 48 Bridgestone 'FIX'. Found one on the course, tried it out and liked the feel off the putter.

user23669
Reply : Thu 22nd Sep 2011 00:31

I use the Pro V1 ball as well. Feel sorry whenever I put it in the shrubbery which is happening quite often right now. I also like the feel of the Srixen soft feel ball as well, I don't know why but it feels nice to play with.

If I am just having a hack I like the Pinacles as they seem to fly further but have no real bite or  feel to them But I can add about 20 yards to my shot.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top