Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

The No1 fundamental - The grip

Posted by: user390794 | Fri 29th Jul 2011 10:26 | Last Reply

I just came across this video online when looking for a guide to improve my grip.  It maes it that straight forward I thought I'd share.

http://video.about.com/golf/Grip-a-Golf-Club-Correctly.htm

I hope it helps you, the grip can be the cause of alot of problems.

Last edit : Fri 29th Jul 2011 10:53
re: The No1 fundamental - The grip
user77012
Reply : Fri 29th Jul 2011 16:14

The grip is where its at , I've never seen a good player with a bad grip.You can hold the grip strong , weak or neutral but most important is that the V's you create both point in the same direction.ie: left ,or right shoulder my preference straight up to my chin (all of my chins! before I get asked which chin!laughhttp://www.golfshake.com/scripts/ckeditor/plugins/smiley/images/teeth_smile.gif" title="laugh" width="20" />) 

user52922
Reply : Sun 31st Jul 2011 12:29

Bob, first welcome to the site.

In David's case you would be in for a shock, as he is one the finest exponents of the draw you will ever come across and he also plays with an open clubface at address.

If the results of a golf shot depended only on the correct grip then everyone would be a good player, fortunately that is not the case.

I myself play with a weak left hand grip and always have done.

user99350
Reply : Mon 1st Aug 2011 08:39

Too true John, I try to ensure that the club head is square when I hit the ball and grip is not the only thing that will acfheve that. I found out recently that I was playing with the club face open and didn't realise it. I also found out, by accident, that my swing was out of plane (my backswing didn't contact branches of a nearby tree but me downswing did). One thing's for sure, you never stop learning with this game.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top