Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Could you do it ? golf every day

Posted by: user8 [FORUM MODERATOR] | Fri 22nd Jul 2011 20:01 | Last Reply

This guy played a round on the 19th July last year and then every day since until Monday!

Could you do it ?

http://www.golfweek.com/news/2011/jul/20/calif-man-plays-golf-365th-straight-day/

re: Could you do it ? golf every day
user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Fri 22nd Jul 2011 22:25

Probably not!!!  Too much of a good thing just isn't good for you.

Russ

user52922
Reply : Fri 22nd Jul 2011 23:20

Well, Darren A, plays every day with very few exceptions, so not great deal to brag about. After all he is only playing seven rounds a week.

When I first started, I played every day for six months, 36 holes a day and sometimes another 9 in the evening.

Of course in those days a fourball only took three hours and a 2 ball about 2 hours ten minutes.

All scratch open events were 36 holes on one day.

Progress? No. we are going backwards.

user355541
Reply : Sat 23rd Jul 2011 16:48

Wow - you're registered as a Cat 1 player after only 6 months. That takes some beating. I've been trying for 55 years!

What is your club? It would be interesting to follow your progress.

Last edit : Sat 23rd Jul 2011 18:53
user202037 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sat 23rd Jul 2011 22:42

YES PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

user355541
Reply : Sat 23rd Jul 2011 22:56

Keep at it - you're only 29!

The moderators won't like me saying this but have a look at http://forums.golf-monthly.co.uk//ubbthreads.php/Cat/0  and you may find what you're looking for.

Last edit : Sat 23rd Jul 2011 23:01
user355541
Reply : Sun 24th Jul 2011 21:27

Anthony

I'm having problems following your progress as you don't seem to appear on the Caird Park handicap list or in any competition results. Are you sure that is where you play? Tell us more.

user356537
Reply : Tue 26th Jul 2011 08:43

So Anthony, you don't actually have a handicap at all then!

user52922
Reply : Tue 26th Jul 2011 09:41

Richard, he has a Golfshake handicap and Caird Park is a very short course. He does seem to have a natural talent though.

user355541
Reply : Tue 26th Jul 2011 20:01

John

Call me a cynic but, from the general tone of his postings, I would take his claims and any rounds he has entered into Golfshake with a large pinch of a common condiment.

user355541
Reply : Tue 26th Jul 2011 22:06

Do you mean me?

Why on earth would you need to know my handicap? - as it happens I have a CONGU handicap and play in over 100 qualifiers a year but it's no concern of yours.

I'm not claiming barely believable achievements.

Last edit : Tue 26th Jul 2011 22:54
user16106
Reply : Tue 26th Jul 2011 23:21

Anthony, it is a bit sad that people are not believing the scores that you have put onto golfshake. It is indeed a fantastic achievement getting down to 4 hcap ever let alone in 6 months. You said it yourself you would only be cheating yourself if it were a load of lies. I find it surprising that you dont want to get to that next level and play off scratch. If you can get to 4 in six months then scratch must be only a year or two away.

Very well done anyway.

Dave CAC handed Geordie.

user355541
Reply : Wed 27th Jul 2011 10:24

Dave

Sad it may be but look at this realistically. Over the years I have known many, many highly talented players who have worked very hard to develop their talent to become Category 1 players. It is then even harder to compete at that level and maintain Category 1 status. As far as I can see, Anthony has not put his talent to the test by competing, in competition conditions, against players who have reached the level of handicap 5 and lower.

If, during the next month, Anthony joins a club – as he says he intends to do – and has his ability assessed by the award of a handicap, I will donate £100 to charity if his new handicap is 4 or below.

user355541
Reply : Wed 27th Jul 2011 10:30

Anthony

I'm quite relaxed about it all and certainly have no trust issues.

See my reply to Dave - over to you.

user355541
Reply : Wed 27th Jul 2011 14:04

No further comment needed - let your clubs do the talking.

user410273
Reply : Wed 27th Jul 2011 14:38

I love golf but not every day - mind you I'm the wrong side of 50  and carrying a few aches and pains so its not physically possible now.

About 20 years back I played 11 times in 9 days due to summer knockouts, league fixtures, Saturday & Sunday comps... I barely played for a few weeks after that.

user289859
Reply : Wed 27th Jul 2011 22:21

could I play everyday...put simply..yes I could..quite happily!

user355541
Reply : Wed 27th Jul 2011 22:25

Try it if you have the opportunity - 9 rounds in 11 days knackers me and I don't want to see a set of golf clubs

user235379
Reply : Mon 1st Aug 2011 21:55

on holiday the wife and i played 13 times in 14 days...well we had to swim with the dolphins at some point

user414494
Reply : Sun 7th Aug 2011 23:40

I would love to play everyday only been playing for 3 months and only play once if I'm lucky twice a week, now I've got on golfshake want to play all the time no better feeling then cracking a nice drive down the middle of fairway I LOVE THIS GAME P.s any one wants a game in Nottingham are give me a shout

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top