Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Divots!

Posted by: user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR] | Fri 22nd Jul 2011 14:54 | Last Reply

Here are a couple of pictures of my recent practice session.

Now I don't normally take a big divot but having looked at these pictures I must be taking more of a divot than I normally do.  Hopefully my swing is improving and I'm starting to hit down on the ball more.

http://i843.photobucket.com/albums/zz360/RussMidd/Sport/GolfPractice004.jpg" style="width: 400px; height: 533px;" />

The light area at the bottom of the picture are my eight iron shots, aiming at the white post in the distance.  Blending in with this area are some deeper divots, these are where I started hitting full swing lob wedges.

The area between the alignment rods (and under the right hand one) are where I have been playing thirty, fortry and fifty yard lob wedge shots, aiming at the red post.

http://i843.photobucket.com/albums/zz360/RussMidd/Sport/GolfPractice003.jpg" style="width: 400px; height: 533px;" />

This is a close up picture of the one above.

As you can see from this picture my stance is well open to the target line for my thirty to forty yard lob wedge shots!  As a practice aid putting something on the floor is a real help.  I  can align my bottom half with the open rod.  Then I make certain that my shoulders are aligned with the top (target) rod.  All I need to do then is keep my weight on my front foot, my hands in front of the clubface and swing back along the line of my feet.

Russ

Last edit : Sun 24th Jul 2011 21:46

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top