New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Glad to see there isn't a post about Woods

Posted by: user8 [FORUM MODERATOR] | Wed 20th Jul 2011 22:04 | Last Reply

Just saying.

More to golf than one man.

re: Glad to see there isn't a post about Woods
user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Wed 20th Jul 2011 22:14

Are we talking about Tiger and his caddie parting company?

Or is there something you are not telling us?     

Russ

user250721
Reply : Wed 20th Jul 2011 22:25

Darren - Dont know if you saw my tweet earlier but it went something along the lines of this....

"So @TigerWoods Has sacked his caddy today.......... Was he worried that nobody has talked about him for a week or two??"

Seems he just cant help himself. But even if this is not just to get his name in the press again then the timing is pretty poor - just after a major. 

Im sure the guy over the pond are going mad on this after yet another Euro win.

user52922
Reply : Wed 20th Jul 2011 22:55

I hope he returns and shuts you all up.

user338942
Reply : Thu 21st Jul 2011 01:31

I'd like to think Rory McIllory could reach the highs that Tiger/Elderick/Tont/Woods did, but I dont think he has that same ruthless streak in him that Tiger does/did.  I also dont think he currently has the short game for it. In his peak, Woods was going insane number of rounds without a single 3-putt. Rory wont replicate that.  Also he went a crazy number of years not missing the cut. I dont think he'll reach those powers again and no one will, but I reckon he'll bag another 2 or 3 majors

user250721
Reply : Thu 21st Jul 2011 07:56

Im not doubting the guys ability and personally I would like to see him get back to his best as its amazing to watch but also to win the majors his dominance deserves. I would also like to see him go head to head with these young guns now coming through.

Just saying when his game has suffered a dip he seems to find himself holding press conference here and there and announcment here and there, 

user363440
Reply : Thu 21st Jul 2011 11:02

omg you guys , you all seem to think tigers a spent force, not so after all the stress he's been through its no wonder his game is off, but like all golfers his game has to suffer setbacks ,when i went through a breakup with my wife my game went to crap mind you  so did everything else, but returned, i think we all forget that, i would think if the whole world was judging me as it is him, mine and yours just like tigers game would go to crap,  is it any wonder that  tiger's game is off.  SUPPORT not JUDGEMENT is what needed,

user250721
Reply : Thu 21st Jul 2011 11:28

I'm not judging his game, far from it, see the above post, all I'm saying is that his timing is off. 

Matt Holbrook wrote

"personally I would like to see him get back to his best as its amazing to watch but also to win the majors his dominance deserves. I would also like to see him go head to head with these young guns now coming through."

user363440
Reply : Thu 21st Jul 2011 15:34

sorry did not wish to upset  its just a  a reply to the negatives  or it was ment to be cheekyhttp://www.golfshake.com/scripts/ckeditor/plugins/smiley/images/tounge_smile.gif" title="cheeky" />

Last edit : Thu 21st Jul 2011 15:35

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top