Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Which rangefinders the best?

Posted by: user407594 | Tue 19th Jul 2011 13:22 | Last Reply

I find myself asking this question a lot recently. So many rangefinders to choose from not to mention a laser or GPS and all with their own perks. I purchased the Callaway Upro MX and find the satellite imagery pretty special. My friend has the Skycaddie SGX and I find it's almost got too much information for me to keep up with.

I got mine from golfgps.org.uk and notice how much cheaper these guys are!? 

Anyone got any GPS unit they recommend I'd really like to hear about it.

Thanks,

re: Which rangefinders the best?
user338942
Reply : Tue 19th Jul 2011 20:35

Golfshot for iphone - yes its a phone, but I've compared it to the GPS units my mates have got and it is far superior for a fraction of the price (£20). Better graphics, more reference points, more courses and just as accurate. It also has a great stat recorder & scorecard function.   No one ever needs to part with big cash again!!

user127691
Reply : Wed 20th Jul 2011 10:04

I've got golfshot for my android phone and it is as good as any GPS ive used, only problem is they are banned in competition so not really much use except for practice.

I think I would probably go with a laser range finder and yardage book to work out distances to hazards etc.

user26342
Reply : Wed 20th Jul 2011 13:38

Have the best of both worlds!!

http://www.thegolfshoponline.co.uk/bushnell/accessories/hybrid-rangefinder-gps/

user52922
Reply : Wed 20th Jul 2011 16:15

The eyes can take in more information than a laser or rangefinder.

As we see every time the tour players are ln TV, with all the information at their fingertips, still manage to come up short, go through the green and quite often miss left or right, something we can manage to do just by using ones eyes.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top