Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

The Golf Swing is a Motor Skill?

Posted by: user405848 | Tue 19th Jul 2011 13:01 | Last Reply

Hello to all at Golf Shake.  I am new to Golf Shake and this is my first post on the forums so please be nice xD.  A banner from this site brought me to "Plaser".  It looks like a useful training aid and the pro there said that the golf swing is a motor skill.  How true is this?  All professionals can hit bad shots and their swings are the best in the game.  Hence the fact that they are pros.

I have actually made a training aid similar to Plaser using a telescopic walking stick, a 3 iron, a weighted swing trainer with a training grip, and the reflection from my patio doors.  (I'm going somewhere with this so please bare with me!)

The idea of Plaser is to keep repeating the perfect swing plane and eventually you will be able to make this plane second nature. 

What I am trying to say is this.  Sure enough my home made training aid gets me on the right swing plane and I keep the club face square throughout my swing.  But when I address the ball for real there is so much room for error.  I have only been using this method for a few days and what I would like to know is;  If I continue this method, will this perfect swing path ACTUALLY become second nature like the pro says on the Plaser site.

Don't get me wrong I am NOT slandering Plaser.  I am just a golfer desperately trying to find an effective training routine.

I apologise if this post is a little hazey but I hope at least someone can make head or tail of it

And also if anyone would like to know how I replicated the Plaser, I may very well include it on my blog.  Check my profile in a day or two  

Thank you in advance for any input

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top