Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Finding People To Play With

Posted by: user407522 | Tue 19th Jul 2011 09:52 | Last Reply

Hello,

I`m new to the forum, I have been playing golf for a few years but the past 3 years have given it a rest due to not having the time. This year I have started to get back into the game.

I live in the Swindon area and play at Bassett Down golf course and Broome Manor mainly. The problem I have is none of my mates play the game and am wondering whats the best way to find people in my our who fancy a game or to?

Any ideas or help on this would be great.

Rgds

Coops

Last edit : Tue 19th Jul 2011 17:44
re: Finding People To Play With
user52922
Reply : Tue 19th Jul 2011 10:19

I suggest you join a club, where you will soon find a new circle of friends to play this game.

user16106
Reply : Tue 19th Jul 2011 12:23

Have trouble meeting people ? Try picking up someone elses ball on the course !

Only joking, Post in events a social game for a 4 ball in your area. Should get a few replies.

Dave CAC handed Geordie.

user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 19th Jul 2011 17:52

Put up an event in 'Games' section of this forum.

Give it a couple of weeks so that people will have time to see it and arrange things so they can play.

I have arranged a few games myself and I would suggest the following.

1)  Arrange the game at your local golf club.  You know where it is, the course and the people in the shop.  You will be able to book a tee time easily.

2)  Only arrange a four ball to start with, this way you won't have to worry about groups, etc.

3)  Contact the people who are going to join you giving them your details, like mobile number, what you will be wearing and where you are likely to be, in the pro shop, etc.

4)  Arrange the game at a weekend.  You will still get people to join you for a midweek game, but you are getting better odds of people joining you at a weekend.  Try and avoid silly times, say 7:30am as some people might be travelling a few miles or so to play.

There are many members on here who live close enough to you to be able to join you.  Don't worry if at first you don't get any takers, keep trying and you'll soon have a few people who will join you on a regular basis.

Russ

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 19th Jul 2011 23:38

Lee,

I am a member up the road at Minchinhampton.  You're welcome to join me for a game there if you want, just PM me.

By the way, that goes for anyone else who fancies joining me for a game there (two courses - one of them an Open qualifying course - always in good condition and a good test of golf)

user26342
Reply : Wed 20th Jul 2011 13:42

Chris,

What times are you available next week?

user363440
Reply : Wed 20th Jul 2011 17:52

hi lee  me and my buds play broome you welcome to come out for a game we average 3/4 rounds a week pm me 

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Wed 20th Jul 2011 21:00

@John Flood

Any day except Thursday from 3:30pm or Friday from 1:00pm

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top