Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Help with 9 Hole Handicap Changes

Posted by: user123290 | Wed 29th Jun 2011 15:56 | Last Reply

Hi guys.

Bit of advice needed please.  All of our group use golfshake as a way of tracking our handicaps.  Until now we have only ever played 18 hole rounds but recently a few of us have started to play 9 holes at the course we joined.  Sometimes we play up to 13 if we can't fit in a full round. 

What happens in relation to recording these rounds for handicap purposes?  There is no option on here to select only 9 holes for our course, only the full 18.  E.G. the other day me and my father in law were playing a round.  After 13 holes he was on 31 points and only 4 over playing off a handicap of 16.  No doubt his handicap would have gone down had we finished but due to weather we could not complete the round.  Do we just ignore this or is there a way of doing it so that his handicap would be adjusted from the holes played.

Any help will be gratefully received. Cheers.

re: Help with 9 Hole Handicap Changes
user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Wed 29th Jun 2011 16:41

The UK club system did introduce an option to use 9 hole rounds 2 years go.

It's something we may do at some point on Golfshake but will come down to requests and the need. 

Straight away the issues you get are should you use the 1 9 hole round as part of the handicap or should you use 2 9 hole rounds added together.  Plus on Golfshake we use the SSS as part of the handicap calculation but unless it's only a 9 hole course you won't have an SSS for the front or back 9 only.

The other question is does playing 9 holes really show your handicap potential over the full 18 ? for some non regular guys looking at the Golfshake stats it's not uncommon for a 28 handicapper to record low 40 for 9 holes but once fatigue sets in then the back 9 high 50s and the reverse for those not preparing before a round and taking a while to warm up.

Anyone like I say it's not something we currently do but will but on the roadmap for future updates.

Finally it's worth noting we've just introduced the ability to enter no scores/blobs for which we calculate the score and shortly you will be able to enter incomplete rounds if you just play 12 or 10 holes.

Regards, Darren.

re: Help with 9 Hole Handicap Changes
user11264
Reply : Sun 22nd Feb 2015 13:08

I would be keen to see both 18 & 9 hole scorecards permitted to be entered in Golfshake as I play a mix both and would hope that 9 could be included, in order that I may track my own progress. It would certainly encourage me to take the full subscription.

Last edit : Sun 22nd Feb 2015 13:08

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top