Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Can it be too hot for golf ?

Posted by: user8 [FORUM MODERATOR] | Mon 27th Jun 2011 10:09 | Last Reply

Just had some complaints that it was too hot yesterday to play golf, was it really ?

re: Can it be too hot for golf ?
user16163
Reply : Mon 27th Jun 2011 10:28

NO NEVER

some people are just not happy unless they are moaning about something, too hot, too cold, raining, ect ect

we all love good weather to play golf in so the people who complain about it IMO should keep quiet (to be polite)!!!

user115085
Reply : Mon 27th Jun 2011 13:20

It's not the heat by itself that does it - it's the bright light, pollen and thin air that destroys me. We played yesterday afternoon and by the third hole I was a mess - nose streaming down my face every time I looked down at the ball. A little after 8pm, the temp came down a bit, the sun was being more obscured and the pollen falling - My nose and eyes dried up, got my breath back a played level over the last four holes including birdie at the last

Last edit : Mon 27th Jun 2011 13:20
user123290
Reply : Mon 27th Jun 2011 15:18

I don't think it can be too hot to play but factor it in with other things then yes.  Yesterday was a scorcher and for the first time ever we had to stop our round after only 13 holes due to the heat.  However it's only because I was unprepared, had no drink with me, had no lunch prior to playing etc and by the time I was teeing off on the 13th I felt so feint and exhasusted I could not have finished the round.  But while I felt ok the weather was brill yesterday.  I'd be happy if it was like that everytime we play.

user118394
Reply : Mon 27th Jun 2011 23:17

lol dan,i m with you

user89876
Reply : Tue 28th Jun 2011 11:15

i've never been too hot for golf....just the thought of it.

user390191
Reply : Tue 28th Jun 2011 12:21

if you have played in spain in mid august then this country is easy to play in a warm day

user115085
Reply : Tue 28th Jun 2011 13:38

I played in Portugal a couple of years ago in temps approacing 40*c - but it was much easier than playing in 30*c here. The pollen did not seem to be a factor - nor the humidity

user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 1st Aug 2011 18:28

Now let me see......

Winter golf, cold, miserable, flask of Bovril with a sprinkling of pepper in it, dozen or so layers of clothing and wet and frozen golf course.

Summer golf, shorts, polo shirt, four bottles of water, not too worried about slow play as it's nice just sitting in the sun, course is a good condition and a beer in the bar after.

There is an optimum temperature for golf, but this changes for each person.  Yes it can be too hot for some people to play golf, but others will bask in it.

Give me the sun anytime.

Russ

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top