Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Stats on average gross scores?

Posted by: user398345 | Wed 22nd Jun 2011 19:14 | Last Reply

Hello everybody, new member who is also fairly new to the game. I was wondering if there are any statistics out there about the distribution of golfers average gross scores, so that I have some idea what level I am achieving and ultimately may hopefully achieve?

As a novice at present my scoring is still far too high, but it has been steadily improving as I have more lessons, practice at the range, and get out on the course to do it for real! My 1st ever full 18 in April took me 137 hits & misses, but my PB now is down to 113, so it's getting better!

Obviously the handicap system gives me a lot of strokes, so the gross scores people are generally achieving is to me far more significant as a way of seeing where I am, and what I should aspire towards! Look out Rory I'm coming!!!!!

re: Stats on average gross scores?
user298481
Reply : Thu 23rd Jun 2011 10:22

link for you

http://www.golfblogger.com/index.php/golf/comments/average_golf_score_remains_at_100/

the average golfer shoots round the 100 mark it seems

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top