Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Filming swing

Posted by: user321680 | Wed 8th Jun 2011 11:12 | Last Reply

Anybody know any good cheap camcorders for filming swing? i'm currently using my phone but it has no where near the FPS needed to really see whats going on.

I've been looking at the one below but it's a bit more than I'd like to spend and not sure if it would film in correct format etc for uploading and viewing on V1

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/jvc-everio-gz-ms110sek-memory-card-camcorder-black-04753087-pdt.html

Any suggestions welcome

Thanks

JD

re: Filming swing
user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 14th Jun 2011 14:16

John, if that's your budget then it's not a bad piece of kit.

Depending on other uses some of the digital cameras are pretty good and do some very good HD recording.  I just got a Canon SX210 and I hear the IXUS range are pretty good although they retail around £150-£200

If you really want to analyse you swing then check out the Casio Exilim range I have the EX-FH25 and it will record 1000FPS super slow mo!  400FPS is pretty good and better quality.  This is a slow mo I took of Poulter last year

Last edit : Tue 14th Jun 2011 14:16
re: Filming swing
user321680
Reply : Tue 14th Jun 2011 22:00

Darren & kevin cheers for the replies. That video is pretty good Darren captures all the club movements and is reasonably sharp too. looks like you had a pretty good spot  to watch too. Did poulter not crack up that you were filming him?

Yeah someone else had said to me about the Casio camera's there's one for about £110 that (ex fs10) i'm leaning towards.

Cheers jd

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top