Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Hole in One

Posted by: user115733 | Thu 2nd Jun 2011 23:21 | Last Reply

Got my first ever Hole in One,  the course to witness this amazing acheivement was Dewsbury & District Golf Club.  What a great feeling to see your ball bounce and then trickle into the hole.  Hope there's many more to come.  Now time to celebrate.smileyhttp://www.golfshake.com/scripts/ckeditor/plugins/smiley/images/regular_smile.gif" title="smiley" width="20" />

The Caretaker

Last edit : Thu 2nd Jun 2011 23:26
re: Hole in One
user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Thu 2nd Jun 2011 23:28

Nice one Nigel.

user125585
Reply : Thu 2nd Jun 2011 23:41

Saw my first ever live (in my four ball) hole in 1 at the weekend, only problem was Russ Middleton shanked an iron off the 9th tee and it went about 80 yards and dropped in the 13th hole.

After much searching around the green one of the guys actually playing the 13th said has your ball got a blue stripe around it and pulled it from the hole.

Better luck next time Russ, Well done Nigel. Have never had one on anything other than a pitch and putt myself, had a few close ones and once lost a Nearest the pin on a society day to a hole in one!

user118394
Reply : Fri 3rd Jun 2011 08:26

brilliant nige,just wish i wasn t lighting a cig up as you hit your shot and bloody missed it going in

user115085
Reply : Fri 3rd Jun 2011 08:45

Nice one mate!

user200003
Reply : Fri 3rd Jun 2011 18:43

Excellent, well done Nigel! Have you retired the ball?

user79118
Reply : Fri 3rd Jun 2011 20:51

A member at my club got a hole in one at the weekend during a Major. 12th hole, 218yrd par 3. Green slopes severely from right to left but the wind was blowing from left to right. Blind pin position due to the large hump in the fairway. Hard enough green to hold in normal conditions. Spent ages looking around the side and back of the green before another member asked if he'd looked in the hole. Cost him in the bar later though. £200 plus when I left. Didn't dare ask if he had insurance.

user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Wed 22nd Jun 2011 19:14

Great news on your first ever hole in one.

And Graham, there was some logic in my first ever hole in one.

Because it wasn't on the green I was supposed to be playing I didn't have to buy any drinks!!!     

Russ

user115733
Reply : Wed 22nd Jun 2011 22:49

Thanks for that information Ray, i'll have to keep reminding people of that fact. ;-)

Last edit : Wed 22nd Jun 2011 22:51

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top