Tee Times | Search | Reviews

News:

Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Help choosing new golf clubs for my 30th??

Posted by: user389186 | Sun 29th May 2011 09:35 | Last Reply

Hi all,I'm a 17 handicap golfer who having finally had golf lessons is starting to see some consistent improvement, my aim is to play off 10-12 one day.I'm turning 30 later this year :-( and have decided to replace my trusty Ping Eye 2's with a modern club which can offer me room for further improvement whilst allowing me a degree of forgiveness.I'm looking for advice on Irons but also woods and putters too. So far the irons I have picked out are below, but I'd welcome advice nit only on these but on other suggestions I may not have considered???Callaway - RAZR XCallaway - RAZR X TOURPing - K15Ping - G15TM - Burner 2.0TM - Tour preferred CBTiteliest - AP 1Titeliest - AP 2

re: Help choosing new golf clubs for my 30th??
user123290
Reply : Sun 29th May 2011 09:56

Hi Darren.  What is the reason you have chosen those clubs?  Is it from reviews or have you used them?  My advice would be to get yourself down to your local direct golf centre.  I went earlier on in the year as I too turned 30 and wanted new clubs.  They let me try almost every club they had until I found the perfect clubs. In the end it was a set of clubs I'd never even heard of (John Letters) and they have improved my game massively.  Plus they offer a custom fit service.  One thing I've found is no matter what, when you are spending money on new clubs have them custom fit.  Hope you find the right clubs for you.

user250721
Reply : Sun 29th May 2011 09:56

Darren

The one thing i'd suggest to you, or anyone looking for new Irons is take a list down to one of the well known or local dealers and try each and every one of them.

I did the same after shopping around online and found that by having each club in your hand hitting a few balls is the best way to find out.

I could quite easliy say GO FOR THE PINGS but what works for one doesnt work always work for everyone else.

Take your time, try each club and go from there.

user250721
Reply : Sun 29th May 2011 10:10

Which Model did you end up with Ben?? I took the T8's and have been really impressed.

user52922
Reply : Sun 29th May 2011 10:17

Darren, the Ping eye 2's are as good as anything else on the market today and improvement will not come by buying new clubs.

user123290
Reply : Sun 29th May 2011 11:45

Darren,

I got the T9+ irons.  The hybrids are without a doubt the best I've ever hit.  It's just my opinion but as far as I'm concerned they cannot be beaten. 

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top