Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

How to fade a ball

Posted by: user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR] | Sat 28th May 2011 22:43 | Last Reply

I'm having some real problems trying to fade a ball at the moment.

When I first started playing golf a fade was my natural shot shape.

Now that I have had some lessons and got a bit better at the game I cannot for the life of me hit a fade.

Today during a matchplay pairs game I had a tree in my way.

I lined up with where I wanted the ball to finish, opened the club in my grip.  Then I opened my stance and I swung the golf club along the line of my feet, making sure I didn't rotate my wrists too much.

The ball went as straight as a die (yes, even in the wind we had today) where my feet were aiming!

I'm using blade clubs and a Pro V1 golf ball.

My normal shot shape now is a draw, and my two bad shots are a pull/hook or a pushed shot.

Any ideas?

Russ

re: How to fade a ball
user52922
Reply : Sun 29th May 2011 10:13

Hi Russ, we have all had that happen when attempting this shot, so you are not alone.

I don't know why you felt the need to open the club in your grip as that is not correct either.

The face of the club should point to the target and  the degree of turn you want on the flight of the ball determines the amount the stance is opened.

It is imperative that the left hand does not break down throughout impact and a good follow through will also help.

I could understand you failing with the modern clubs but blades make this shot quite simple.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top