Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Stoke By Nayland

Posted by: user388004 | Sun 22nd May 2011 19:08 | Last Reply

Is Stoke By Nayland Hotel and Golf Club worth a visit, if so which course is best?

re: Stoke By Nayland
user34817
Reply : Sun 22nd May 2011 20:39

I played both courses over 27th and 28th March and enjoyed them both. Played the Gainsborough on the first day which was a good test but not over the top. The greens weren't great and reading other reviews it appears that this has been the case in the past. Considering that the club had an open day on the same weekend I would have thought that the greens would have been given a good roll but they were very bumpy.

I then played the Constable on the second day and the greens were the same, maybe slightly better but not a lot. There were also a lot of temporary mats to tee off from which was quite surprising, and a little annoying (no mats on the Gainsborough). The course itself though was enjoyable to play and if the tee boxes and greens were sorted out would be a very good course indeed. Plenty of shots over water, including the first and the last and a good mix of holes.

Would like to play again if I knew the tees and greens had been sorted.

The facilities were really good though with excellent food, a nice bar, pool, steam room, jacuzzi and snooker room which I made use of. Good place for a golf break.

re: Stoke By Nayland
user331868
Reply : Mon 23rd May 2011 12:56

I played the Constable course about 5 years ago and at the time was one of the best courses id played, sad to hear it has gone to pot a bit since i last played it. Also when i last played it they were taking 2 fore 1 so if this is still the case get some and give it a try.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top