Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Help required...

Posted by: user112727 | Fri 13th May 2011 20:39 | Last Reply

Ok, after a struggle to find the fairway with my driver and fairway woods, today I played the front 9 at my club in Surrey and I hit every fairway!  But I then took a wedge on 6 of the holes and pulled it left every time....

Any idea why?!

The swing felt the same, set up all the same, any help gratefully received.

Cheers

Rich

re: Help required...
user338942
Reply : Fri 13th May 2011 20:44

I've had similar problems where I think I'm swinging fine, but spray the ball all over. This hapens, I just head to the range and with 3 different irons, (normally 5, 7 & 9) start 50% swings, get consisant and work up the power til a normal swing

re: Help required...
user52922
Reply : Sat 14th May 2011 11:20

Without seeing you Richard it is difficult to pin the blame on anything particular, but in my case, when I start doing this it is because I tend to use just the arms and hands only being such a short distance and the lower movement of the body does not take place like it still should.

But having said that I played with one of our better players the other week and he hit everything with a draw and on his short irons he was always finishing on the left hand side of the green and sometinmes of it, all because he was not allowing for the draw in his alignment. Once he realised this he has since dropped two shots to 8 handicap.

It is these little things that make the difference.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top