Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Yards or Metres

Posted by: user57788 | Mon 11th Jun 2007 20:07 | Last Reply

Course distances here in France are all specified in metres. Might be useful for course entries to have the option of distances in yds or metres.

re: Yards or Metres
user9368
Reply : Tue 12th Jun 2007 22:33

I had the same problem for Secret Valley Cyprus. Couldnt be bothered to convert so just put the same distances down for yards, makes for interesting par threes

Will update the yardages when Darren gets round to looking at your request.

user26342
Reply : Wed 13th Jun 2007 13:32

I play in Spain once a year & got caught out by this the very first time which made the whole 4 days guess work.

The following years I made a conversion sheet which I laminated & carried in my bag, came in very useful.

user41897
Reply : Wed 13th Jun 2007 17:39

Played in France this weekend and got coaught out too initially - thought the course seemed very short by the card!  We just added 10% to the meterage to get the yardage. so 150 metres is 150+15 = 165 yards.  It is not exact but close enough I think and got us round okay.

user52922
Reply : Wed 13th Jun 2007 19:26

The reason the scoretracker software only accepts yards is because the majority of the world uses yards on golf courses.

I would have thought that if you are entering a new score card for a French course that it would be encumbent on yourself to  do the conversion.

Andy Kenyons solution is also the one that I have used when I have played in France.

Even the Pro's get it wrong and they know the exact yardage, so I doubt very much whether it would affect us as much.

Personally I am old school and never learned to play golf by yardages, all done with the eye and feel. I still play this way today and usually manage to club correctly. John

John

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Thu 14th Jun 2007 08:16

Will be adding some internationalisation stuff so, to allow users to specify yards/metres and date formats etc

Regards,

Darren.

user50354
Reply : Thu 14th Jun 2007 12:14

Know a girl with a back yard - if you wanna metre...

user23840
Reply : Wed 10th Oct 2007 19:31

http://www.digitaldutch.com/unitconverter/

Try that site sweety. 

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 10th Dec 2007 10:22

The first part of this is now live.  When you add a new score card the system asks whether it's yards or metres, the defauly being yards.

If you select metres the system will calculate for you.

The flaw is when you view, all score cards are shown in yards.  Options will be added to allow international settings as well as the ability to view in metres soon.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top