Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Pro-Am Event

Posted by: user265796 | Tue 3rd May 2011 13:20 | Last Reply

Hi guys i've been a member on her for a couple of years and  I've recently setup my own business organising pro-am golf events with a fresh twist. We are attracting club pros and pros playing on europro and other mini tours it is a relaxed tournament just 2 amateurs and a pro per team to speed things up and make for a more enjoyable round, I am allowing handicaps from golfshake as i respect the fact that not everyone can afford club membership in this current climate and I respect members of this site having played events with some of you guys etc . Fantastic prizes for amateurs, please check out the site http://www.northernpro-amgolf.co.uk/ . First event is a week on Thursday, 12th May, @ DeVere Herons Reach in Blackpool. All the details can be found on the site, I also have twitter and facebook accounts for NorthernPro-AmGolf, the twitter account is proving to be a hit with regional touring professionals playing on the mini tours and John Daly is even following me! If anyone is interested in playing in the first event please message below or private message me, I have a few pros looking for amateurs so all you would need is yourself and another amateur and I can allocate you a pro. If anyone wants to know more please feel free to ask any questions.

re: Pro-Am Event
user250721
Reply : Tue 3rd May 2011 20:18

Hi John

You got any plans to bring it down south?

user21179
Reply : Thu 5th May 2011 11:01

Hi John

Just looked at your website and think its a great idea.

If you were to bring an event down south would definately be interested.

user21179
Reply : Fri 6th May 2011 09:11

Hi John

The idea of a free place in your pro am is indeed an appetising one. I really hope someone is able to take you up on it, for both you and them.

For me it is just too far from Brighton and also too short notice to square it with the boss.

I hope the event is a great success and look forward to your one off event later in the year.

I will check your website, but please post any info on a forum on here again.

user202037 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Fri 6th May 2011 11:53

John,

Good luck with the Pro-Ams. I wish the PGA allowed us to play in events like yours in my day (70's & 80's). We could only play in PGA Events and even though the North had many players, had only 3 or 4 tournaments and many Pro-Ams that were only open to the top guys. So many of the Pro's didn't get to play much in competition.

TheLyth

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Wed 11th May 2011 10:39

Good luck John.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top