Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Collapses and Clichés - Part of Masters History

Posted by: user8 [FORUM MODERATOR] | Mon 11th Apr 2011 18:48 | Last Reply

On a day that saw Rory McIlroy collapse and his bid for a first major title disappear quicker than you can say Greg Norman, the comparisons with the Great White Shark at Augusta are now in the history books and unfortunately for young Rory, every time he drives down Magnolia Lane whispers from Amen Corner will be heard again.

read more ......

re: Collapses and Clichés - Part of Masters History
user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 12th Apr 2011 21:05

Sanders I'm sure he will. 

You have to remember he's only 21 and won twice in his 4 years on tour including the PGA Tour.  Schwartzel is 26 and turned pro at 17, just like McIlroy, and had also won twice in 4 years.

I'm sure once it blows over he will become the superstar he's destined to be. I loved the quote in this post

Form is temporary, class is permanent!

re: Collapses and Clichés - Part of Masters History
user80078
Reply : Wed 13th Apr 2011 21:03

I think the BBC must take a share of the blame. According to 'it', there was no one else playing in the final round and it was as though McIlroy only had to turn up to win. They put so much emphasis on him, that he was 'doomed'. What do you think! 

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top