Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Changing Lie angle of existing clubs

Posted by: user372344 | Sat 2nd Apr 2011 20:30 | Last Reply

Hey, First post, hello.

By doing an online test using my wrist to floor height, I've established I might benefit from changing the lie angle and length of my clubs.

Thing is they are pretty new and I can't really afford new ones, is it even possible do this and how much do you think this might cost?

Is it possible to get fitted properly for this using my own clubs, rather than relying on the online guestimate?

Or are those types of things accurate enough?

FYI I have a high handicap if that matters.

Thanks in advance, Dave

Last edit : Sun 3rd Apr 2011 00:18
re: Changing Lie angle of existing clubs
user202037 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sun 3rd Apr 2011 14:43

David,

Beware the myth that height dictates the length of shaft needed. It's the distance from your finger tips to the ground (29" = standard?).

You have already got a set (Wilson 1200XCG?) so keep them until you know they are wrong for you. Too many people change clubs because they think they are wrong for them.

Beginners can buy a set of 'custon fitted' and a few weeks later have changed their Set-up and Swing so much the clubs are no longer 'custom fit' to them. Only go for custon fit when you have some consistency in your game, until then go with your eyefeel. If a club looks and feels good in your hands, then that the right one for you.

TheLyth

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top