Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

club fitting question

Posted by: user262865 | Mon 14th Mar 2011 01:25 | Last Reply

hi ive had the same set of taylor made irons since late 09 and i really like them but i get the feeling they are a bit long for me and its not helping my consistency. they were off the shelf non fitted and im only about 5'9.

what i want to know is can i take them to one of my local golf shops that do fitting and get them fitted for me or will they only do it with new clubs as i really dont want a new set of irons? also is it expensive? how much should i expect to pay to have my irons, fairway woods, rescue3 and driver fitted? cheers in advance

re: club fitting question
user115085
Reply : Mon 14th Mar 2011 11:11

Most pro shops will be able to tweak your irons. Taking off or adding length is quite straight forward (all clubs), adjusting the lie angle (irons) can also be done pretty easily. Lie adjustment is a quick process which requires no extra "parts", so all you will be paying for is a bit of their time (to check lie's for your setup and crank them if needed). Shortening will mean removing the grips, cutting the shafts and regripping, so expect to pay again for time/workmanship plus new grips (unless your old ones are kept - but probably worth changing them anyway if they are worn).

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top