Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Good Weekend

Posted by: user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR] | Wed 23rd Feb 2011 15:56 | Last Reply

Well I had a really decent weekend.

Last Friday I went straight from work to Staverton Park for the first game in the GTour 'Race to Cyprus'.

Arrived at 8:30am and joined in the GSchool for an hour.  We had to leave as we had a tee time booked for 11am.

Played the course for the first time ever and shot an 87.  Solid from tee to green but putting was poor.  The fast greens in Portugal really have messed up my putting stroke.  I'm just not getting the ball upto the hole, and some of my putts hardly went half way!  Something to work on.

Then we woke up on Saturday morning to rain.  The last thing we wanted was rain.

It was only light rain when I teed off at 11am, and it did stop during the round.

I shot an 88, so scored 30 points playing off 3/4's of my handicap.  Finished 9th out of 52 so I'm happy.

Then on Sunday morning I turned up at my golf club for the Jubilee Cup/Norman Plum team trials.

Shot 87 and finished third in the trial, so I should be in the Jubilee Cup team for the second year running.  I was the first reserve the year before that.

On Monday I went to play Theydon Bois Golf Club.  Never played here before and I shot an 83.

Theydon Bois is a short course, par 69, SSS 66 from the yellows.  It is a tree lined parkland course.  Quite hilly, but after Portugal I'm used to playing hilly courses!!!

So four rounds over the weekend and managed to score below 90 for each round.

Let's hope I can keep this up.

Russ

re: Good Weekend
user250721
Reply : Wed 23rd Feb 2011 23:14

Great work Russ......stick that chest out!!

user99350
Reply : Thu 24th Feb 2011 08:31

Well played Russ, looks like you're continuing your consistent streak.

user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Thu 24th Feb 2011 16:45

Thanks guys, managed to shoot 87 again today.

So nice to be on my own course wearing a short sleeve shirt and a t-shirt.

Russ

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top