Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Best Round Ever

Posted by: user124316 | Sun 13th Feb 2011 09:48 | Last Reply

Played Eastbourne Downs Golf Club yesterday, its situated on top of the South Downs obviously over looking Eastbourne,  it was blowing a good 15+ MPH wind, however with that in mind i scored my best round ever a 2over round of 74, during this round of a life time i hit 87% of FIR & 67% of GIR and included 3 birdies, due to this my handicap dropped from 11.2 to 10.1 all in the space of 3-1/2 hours.

now i know its probably not that interesting to anybody, but i was so chuffed i had to tell somebody.

Now to get down to a single digit handicap. 

re: Best Round Ever
user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sun 13th Feb 2011 11:09

Had the same kind of experience once and I can understand how you feel.

Congratulations on your great round, hope your good form continues.

Russ

user16106
Reply : Sun 13th Feb 2011 16:23

Martin to get your best round ever this early in the season is  a great feat. I will need  the sun to be out so the ball flies further. The fairways to dry out so I get a bit more run on them. The grass around the greens to get a bit fluffy so short game is a little easier. I will need a few long putts to go in. I will need no blobs on my card and lastly I will need a bit of luck. Then I might just break 80.

Im going back 0.1 every round at the moment.

Well done, ps what condition is eastbourne in at the mo?

Dave CAC handed Geordie.

Last edit : Sun 13th Feb 2011 20:44
user124316
Reply : Sun 13th Feb 2011 18:13

bit wet and blustery however the Downs course is situated on chalk nand generally drains extremerly well.

user289859
Reply : Sun 13th Feb 2011 21:17

shot my best ever round today.  Not quite a 2 over 74, but shot a 94...which is 6 shots below my handicap.

Can't wait to go out next weekend and do the same again! Finally happy with the clubs in my bag, which made a massive difference!

user79118
Reply : Sun 13th Feb 2011 21:21

Had another fairly stable round myself today considering the weather. Hate the rain but still managed an 83, 11 over par. Quite happy seeing how I've got fractured ribs!!!!!

user16106
Reply : Sun 13th Feb 2011 22:34

Beware the wounded golfer!!!!

Dave CAC handed Geordie.

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 14th Feb 2011 08:29

Well done Martin, awesome round!  

Single figures in 2011 then

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top