Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Titleist 910 or TaylorMade R11

Posted by: user84380 | Sat 12th Feb 2011 09:46 | Last Reply

i am a Titleist 910 D3 driver user v2 pro launch golf shaft. Love it and feel like the R11 is just another marketing exercise for TM. What do you guys think.

re: Titleist 910 or TaylorMade R11
user52922
Reply : Sat 12th Feb 2011 10:09

My experience tells me that every manuacturer is guilty of bringing new clubs out each year, stating ludicrous claims for them, which we should all know by now is nothing more than marketing hype.

One cannot buy a game, simple as that.

user338942
Reply : Sat 12th Feb 2011 15:02

neither. go for the superfast, more forgiving than the R9 & R11

user9137
Reply : Tue 26th Apr 2011 06:43

Very interesting thread that I can relate to. I recently bought a Nike Machspeed Driver off of ebay for a very good price. It was supposed to have a stiff shaft, which I can hit with a slight fade. When the club arrived it had a X stiff shaft. Upon trying it on the range it felt horrible - absolutely dead and everything went right. I then decided to swop the shaft for an Aldila NV 65R (regular shaft). Heaven - my drives were going 250yds with a slight draw. It just goes to show how much the performance is due to the actual shaft and not the head.

Last edit : Tue 26th Apr 2011 08:26
user52922
Reply : Tue 26th Apr 2011 08:43

Ian, 90% of players who use stiff shafts would be much better off with a regular one. It is all macho for them to say that they use a stiff shaft, Many of them are members of this forum.

My friend who is 6' 4 inches and a senior pro on tour at the moment uses regular shafts.

user9137
Reply : Tue 26th Apr 2011 08:55

I agree entirely John. My 6` 2" son who plays off 7 with a long flowing swing uses regular shafts to hit approx 270yds with a slight draw (with his driver of course).

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top