Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Ebay!!

Posted by: user246626 | Fri 11th Feb 2011 18:19 | Last Reply

In december i brought myself a motocaddy S3. But also had to get some hedgehog wheels aswell. But as they didnt have any in stock i decided to buy some off ebay. Anyway they arrived and i was in the middle of a round when the wheel fell off and the spring snapped. I contacted the seller and was told that they couldnt do anything so i contacted hedgehog golf directly. They were very good and sent out a replacement. I also found out that the seller who i brought them from on ebay had got hold of some dodgy stock which was meant to be scrapped and that loads of people had the same problem. So i have now had all 3 wheels replaced for free by hedgehog golf.

I trusted ebay before and had had no problems with other stuff which i've brought. Is it just a one off and a dodgy seller?

Anyone else had problems with ebay?

Last edit : Fri 11th Feb 2011 18:20
re: Ebay!!
user38216
Reply : Fri 11th Feb 2011 18:23

Not really. I had Powakaddy winter wheels last year and thrid time out (ish) they snapped.  I had no receipt, took them to my local pro, replaced free of charge. PK have since upgraded the design to.

Happy Days!

user26342
Reply : Sun 13th Feb 2011 19:43

Chris,

Can't you sell them to any of the members at your club? Would save on P&P.

user79118
Reply : Sun 13th Feb 2011 21:18

Chris, what would you be asking for the Nike method 2 putter and what length is it if you were to sell it?

user16106
Reply : Sun 13th Feb 2011 22:45

Always found Ebay a great place to buy and sell. Remember, when you buy new your clubs are second hand after 1 round. Why not buy second hand and save 30-60% off the new price. Try for a month or 2. If it doesnt suit you sell it and get most of your money back. I Bought a Ping G10 Driver recently for about £70, done about 10 rounds with it and couldnt get on with it. ( creamed some shots but still only went about 230yds ) sold it back for £78. after Ebay costs just about hired it for 3 months for a tenner. How would that work buying from now?

My tip would be always buy quality brands like Ping, Taylor made, callaway etc. You will have no problem finding a buyer and you should not lose much cash at worst and you may even make a few quid.

Dave CAC handed Geordie.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top