Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

How to stop watering eyes?

Posted by: user34817 | Wed 9th Feb 2011 19:27 | Last Reply

My Dad has taken up golf again after taking a decade or two off but he has a real problem with his eyes watering on the course.  There doesn't even need to be much of a breeze to start it off, just walking outside does it. Obviously this gets in the way of playing when he has to wipe his eyes before every shot.  He wears glasses as well so I was wondering if anyone knows whether you can get anything that he could maybe wear over his glasses but that fit tight to the face, a bit like a pair of goggles I suppose?  Any suggestions would be welcome.

re: How to stop watering eyes?
user115085
Reply : Wed 9th Feb 2011 22:45

Hi Richard,

I suffer from hayfever and a fairly continual eye mucus/conjuctivits problem all year round. Anything sets it off from pollen to breeze to warm weather etc - best days for me are cool, still damp days. The way I cope is using an eye bath (comes as a bottle of purified water and plastic cup  available in hayfever sections of chemists/supermarkets) and then hayfever eye drops. I will usually re-do the eye drops after 9 holes if my eyes are bothering me.

hope this helps

user34817
Reply : Mon 14th Feb 2011 20:43

Thanks for the tips guys.  I will pass them on to my Dad.

user26342
Reply : Mon 14th Feb 2011 21:49

Richard,

Try these, this chap doesn't seem to have any problem!!

user356537
Reply : Mon 14th Feb 2011 22:57

Just noticed your name......spooky!

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top