Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Scorecards

Posted by: user8 [FORUM MODERATOR] | Mon 7th Feb 2011 11:18 | Last Reply

Hi all, just doing a major review of the score card data we hold.  I've just checked 2 cards where the printed scorecard added up wrong!  

If you spot any differences then please let us know via email or submitting info on the news/comment part of the course page.

For anyone who fancies helping out and checking courses they play, this link will provide a quick option to find courses, list score cards and view our data in a nice popup window

http://www.golfshake.com/course/searchtee/

Thanks, for any help.

re: Scorecards
user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 7th Feb 2011 14:37

Ok thanks will change.

Just for reference and those reading this we will be archiving off cards with blatant differences to ensure no historical stats or reports are changed ie if SSS change by shots, par 4s become par 3s etc etc

user43166
Reply : Tue 8th Feb 2011 19:46

Great stuff Darren. This is one of my top annoyance factors. We pick a course to play and I go to arrange the society event only to find multiple scorecards for the tee which means I have no idea which one to pick until I get there and look at the card.

Example - we are playing the whites at East Sussex National next week. One card says SSS 72, the other 69 - otherwise both identical cards. Very annoying!!

Anything you can to do tidy up and prevent further conflicting cards being available gets my vote. Have occasionally sent in a card to you when I see anomolies - will keep doing so.

PS - any one know if SSS is 69 or 72 off the whites East course at East Sussex?

user52922
Reply : Tue 8th Feb 2011 20:25

The East was the chosen course for the 1993 and 1994 European Open and has subsequently paid host to five European Challenge Tour events and four PGA European Tour qualifying schools between 1994 and 1997, plus numerous other high profile golf tournaments. Cleverly placed tees permit the less competitive golfer to enjoy the character of the East, with blue tees providing a challenging 6,760 yards or, for the less ambitious the white tees measure a modest 6,046. The ladies have course ratings on both the white tees and their own LGU markers which measure 5,294 yards.

The Gold tees are over 7000 yards but with the whites being only 6046 then I'm quite sure that the SSS will be 69.

user53837
Reply : Mon 14th Feb 2011 09:12

Many thanks For the information Ian, I have made the amendments for you

Helen

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top