Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

My 2011 Goal - Setting the target

Posted by: user266147 | Mon 17th Jan 2011 20:19 | Last Reply

Well, I achieved my 2010 goal of getting from 28 to a sub 20 handicap, starting 2011 playing of 18. My plan for this year was to finish the year on a 12 Handicap, although I've hit a bit of a purple patch in form and have taken a few shots off already and am down to 15.1. My weakness is still my driving and I know if I can sort this out I'll hit the 12.

Given this, I'm thinking I probabley need to readjust my target to give me something that is achieveable but stretching. My origanl play was 12 this year and to try to get to single figures the year after. I'm aware that the lower I go the more difficult it will be to shave shots off, so do you guys think I'm being too optimistic to target a 10 handicap this year?

re: My 2011 Goal - Setting the target
user250721
Reply : Mon 17th Jan 2011 21:57

Matt

I'll quote Henry Ford - "If you believe you can, or believe you cant, your right"

Go for it mate!!

re: My 2011 Goal - Setting the target
user34817
Reply : Tue 18th Jan 2011 12:38

Go for the single figures Matt.  You certainly got the better of me last year in the handicap cutting stakes but I'm going to try and do better this year.  I think if you can get from 28 to 15 in a year then you can cut another five shots in the next twelve months.

I played quite a bit of golf last year but never really practiced i.e. didn't get up the range enough.  I have started some lessons now though and will be trying to get more practice in and hopefully I'll get my handicap down too.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top