Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Golf In Spain

Posted by: user98354 | Thu 13th Jan 2011 19:54 | Last Reply

4 of us  have booked to go to spain for 4 days playing at Calanova , El Chaparral and Alhaurin + 1 more course when we get over there , We are staying near Fuengirola ,

What course should we play on the 4th day ???

Anyone give us any idea of these courses or any tips for playing in spain as i have never played golf abroad before ???

Is there anything we should do different or any tips for travelling with the golf gear would be appreciated ???

re: Golf In Spain
user24437
Reply : Thu 13th Jan 2011 20:52

The course markers are in metres.

Drink lots of water.

Have a good time.

user26342
Reply : Thu 13th Jan 2011 21:46

expect to hit your balls further in the warm sun

user79118
Reply : Fri 14th Jan 2011 06:12

Mijas has 2 courses and is also only about 10 mins from Fuengirola. Nice courses as well. Lots of lakes to carry and tight fast greens. Alhurain is right up in the hills and not for the faint hearted with the buggy tracks being very steep and close to sheer drops off ravines. Very challenging course. Watch your wallets when out in fuengirola....lot of pickpockets out there .Course are marked in metres so add about 10% i.e. 150 metres = 165 yards.

user225233
Reply : Fri 14th Jan 2011 14:21

I would highly recommend Santana for your other day's golf. For me it's easily the best course in the area. It's about 15mins from Fuengirola (next to La Cala). Not sure how you intend booking your golf but I use WWW.Elitegolfservices.Com They have a shop in Fuengirola just behind Hotel El Puerto so you can go & book with them in person if you wish. I found them very good & cheaper than booking direct with the courses. You can also hire clubs from them if needed at very good rates.

I played El Chapparal last year, nice course but they had put to much water on the course making it very boggy in places. Al Haurin is supposed to be nice but a tough course so may not be good for high handicappers.

I'll be there myself in August playing Santana, La Cala & probably Torequebrada.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top