Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Lessons

Posted by: user60224 | Sun 9th Jan 2011 22:16 | Last Reply

Hi

Santa has been generous and 6 lessons have fluttered down my chimney. My last set of lessons was when I was just starting out and I dont feel I made  the most of them- what should I do to make the most of these lessons?

nb- I am a reasonably consistent 22 hcp. I currently do not use any woods, using a 3-iron equivalent hybrid iron off the tees- So I'm guessing that may be one area to focus on...

any advice appreciated.

Dave

re: Lessons
user43166
Reply : Mon 10th Jan 2011 10:25

Good advice from Christopher, I'd second that. I would also add that it is worth limiting any changes in each lesson to one or two key things - any more than that and it is too much to think about / change at one time. I had 3 lessons 18 months or so ago and really took one key thing from the lot but it made a huge difference.

Also consider a video lesson. I've never had one but am seriously considering. The pro often tells me what I am doing wrong but I find it difficult to visualise - especially if he is talking something happening at the back of the swing. I think see myself doing something (badly) on a video would help. (on my "to do" list this year).

Good luck, hope it changes your game... for the better...

user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 10th Jan 2011 18:35

Don't walk off the practice ground with the pro after your lesson.

Stay there and continue to practice what you have just been taught.

Russ

user60224
Reply : Mon 10th Jan 2011 21:01

Thanks chaps

What do you think of playing lessons? It seems that my faults emerge on the course, always seem to hit em straight during lessons at the range!!!

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top